Tank Water Heater
Are you ready to have your water heater installed, replaced, repair, or tuned up? The knowledgeable plumbing experts at Crafton Plumbing are ready to help. With our upfront pricing and friendly customer service Your search is over for water heater repair and service, choose Crafton Plumbing today!
There are two types of conventional water heaters, gas and electric. An electric water heater can be used almost anywhere. A gas water heater is most likely to be installed in a home that already uses gas for another appliance such as a furnace or stove. Building codes may dictate the placement of gas water heaters, restricting them to areas outside of normal home activity.
When looking for a water heater, consider these features:
- Gallon capacity - 40 gallon and 50 gallon heaters are common
- Recovery rate- The number of gallons the heater will heat in an hour
- Dimensions- Width and Height will the heater fit in the space you have for it?
- The energy efficiency rating (a sticker on the side should list the estimated annual cost of operation for the unit)
- Before making any repairs or purchasing a new water heater, check the nameplate on the side of your current unit. Here you will find helpful information including the tank capacity, insulation R-value, installation guidelines, working pressure, model and serial number. If you have an electric water heater, the nameplate will also list the wattage capacity and voltage of the heating elements.
new water heater energy factor (EF) requirements
On April 16, 2015, new water heater energy factor (EF) requirements took effect as the result of updates to the National Appliance Energy Conservation Act (NAECA). These requirements call for higher energy factor (EF) ratings on virtually all residential gas, electric, oil, and tankless gas water heaters, completely altering the water heater landscape. NAECA 2015 also affects some light-duty commercial water heaters.
Crafton Plumbing offers the highest quality water heaters with excellent service . AO Smith, Bradford White and State brands meet the Energy Factor requirements and our known for their efficiency.
Let us help determine which water heater is right for your home or business